Try this for your windy, winter worn tresses
1 tablespoon baobab oil
1 tablespoon jojoba oil
6 drops (choose from rosemary for dark hair, or German Chamomile for light hair, or lavender for all hair types)
Blend oils in a glass container. Set in a hot water bath to warm the oils.
Work the warmed oil into scalp and along shafts of hair, concentrating on ends. Wrap head in hot towel and leave in place until cool. Follow-up with your normal shampoo and conditioner.
**add more baobab or jojoba as needed per length or amount of hair
Women in Mongolia massage their children as part of a daily routine. Being touched is the baby’s first real experience of love, and parents who massage their baby are doing much more for that child than any material gift could do…Massaging the baby regularly makes the bones stronger. Research shows that baby massage is extremely important for each and every child; as also helps the child to grow and become healthy.
Sorry it took soooo long..been busy with a new culture, but here they are :
First you’ll need to remember when you are gviving a massage you don’t need to use a whole bottle of oil..just enough for your hands to glide over the skin. So start with
1 3/4 fl oz (50ml) of sweet almond oil
for women add:
5 drops pf grapefruit essential oil
10 drops of rose essential oil
5 drops jasmine or ylang ylang essential oil
8 drops juniper essential oil
12 drops sandalwood essential oil
4 drops patchouli essential oil
So looking to buy some oils for massage? Got to Whole Foods in Regency or No Name Nutrition for a good selection. Some of the best oils for massage are natural plant-based oils. These oils can be effortlessly be smoothed over the body and easily absorbed into the skin. The best carrier or base oils are :
Adding Essential Oils can make the massage more therapeutic..
The important thing to remember in making your body oils is that you don’t want it to be overpowering. In fact, too much essential oil (depending on type), and you could irritate the skin.
In a 1-cup carrier oil recipe you need up to 50 drops of essential oil equals 1/2 tsp almost exactly.
Here are some essential oils and what they can do for your mood.
- Vanilla: Aphrodisiac, balances mood, reduces stress, relaxes
- Ylang-ylang: Antidepressant, relaxant, aphrodisiac, reduces anger
- Lavender: Reduces stress, invigorates, relaxes, eases tension
- Rose: Elevates mood, aphrodisiac, calms, purifies
- Sweet orange: Sedative, relaxant, relieves anxiety
- Peppermint: Invigorates, energizes, stimulates, awakens the mind, eases nausea
- Lemongrass: Stimulates, antidepressant, deodorant
- Grapefruit: Calms the psyche, relaxes, energizes
- Frankincense: Reduces anxiety and tension, encourages a meditative mind and inner peace
- Bergamot: Eases depression, stimulates, encourages mental clarity
I will whip up a recipe for you later on this month.. be on the look out!!!